The Braddock’s Battlefield History Center illuminates how the epic 1755 Battle of the Monongahela spurred changes in the world, shaped the American Revolution, and defined western Pennsylvania.
- Preserve an important part of the ground on which the epic Battle of the Monongahela was fought on July 9, 1755.
- Explore the legacies of Braddock’s Battlefield for diverse peoples past and present, beginning with the Native American, French Canadian, and British peoples who fought here in the French and Indian War.
- Inspire generations with the young George Washington’s crucial role in the battle and its profound effect on his future leadership of the Continental Army and the United States.
- Educate children--through strong partnerships with schools—about the world-changing history that happened in their region.
- Engage our local community as we make history a vibrant and relevant reminder of our initial roots, our subsequent growth and challenges, and our memories of the past.